The Town Hall of Teulada issues an appeal in order to prevent the proliferation of the tiger mosquito and to help minimise the problems caused by this insect.
This Town Hall recommends that citizens take the following action in their own private property:
- Empty exterior containers which can accumulate water: toys, ashtrays, vases, buckets, cans, plates underneath plant pots, pets’ bowls, paddling pools, etc. twice a week; put them face down or remove them from the elements.
- Avoid water accumulation in drainage areas or guttering.
- Avoid holes and depressions in the ground where water can accumulate, and cover holes in tree trunks by filling them with sand.
- Protect wells and water tanks with mosquito mesh.
- Carry out adequate maintenance of water in swimming pools through its chlorination to avoid water going bad and, if possible, keep them covered whilst not in use, avoiding water accumulations on canvas and plastic covers.
Should you discover a problem in detached properties or estates, you are advised to carry out treatment using available larvicide products, or to contact a company specialising in pest control to
carry out the pertinent treatment in the structures which are susceptible to the proliferation of mosquitoes.
For further information, please see the suggestions on the Dirección General de Salud Pública de la Conselleria de Sanidad Universal y Salud Publica’s website, within the www.sp.san.gva.es portal.